Saturday 30 July 2011

Mashrou3 Leila (El Hal Romancy - concert)



I attended Mashrou3 Leila's concert yesterday.
It was at Beirut Hippodrome, a fine location indeed.

I'm not going to write lengthy text, just some quick notes(don't expect a review).

When I first got there, I was surprised by the setting, didn't think it was going to be on such a big scale ($25 were so worth it).
The stage was huge with a nifty setting (an extra platform that extended from the main stage formed a sort of a mini stage where the band performed a couple of their songs)

It took the band forever to show up.I mean really we were there at 8 BCE were spinning some indie tracks and it was too long,  a 2 hours set,outdoors, with absolutely no lighting is extremely boring.









Then Mashrou3 Leila showed up around 10:00 pm,accompanied by a mini orchestra, and the rest was absolutely magic.
The lighting was well thought of(colors,placement,synchronization with music) and they had all types of launching machines (smoke,flames,silver confetti) to explode when the song reached its apex.













note to self: never expect good drinks in bars at concerts


------------------ 





 

 

 

0 comments:

About Me

My photo
I'll refer to myself as leBi(french for "The Bisexual"). I don't really like to coin terms for sexuality but for the sake of narrowing things down, let's say that I'm a bisexual guy and I'm Lebanese (proud or not proud isn't really the issue here) You'll discover me throughout this blog since I'll be talking about some of my experiences as a bisexual person -especially the gay side(well it's mostly gonna be a social critique and rantings) :)
Powered by Blogger.

Followers

Interesting Bloggers

Drop me a message at:

lebinon@gmail.com
for all your comments and cool thoughts!